Sunday 12 August 2012

DSDN144 Project 1 Final


“MYSTERIOUS PATHWAYS”


Chau Pham
300223466
Stream D
James Worley


Project Description

     For my “Mysterious Pathways” in the first project – “Space”, I chose Mt Victoria – Wellington Town Belt (Former Quarry Site) as my place.
It is very interesting that whenever I go to the place I always feel that I am on an adventure.  All the pathways appeared to be very mysterious with trees covered around.  Some wide pathways I can see clearly at the beginning but then when I goo deeper these all covered and hided by trees surround. Sometimes I can’t even see clearly where the pathways lead me to.  Sometimes suddenly I meet the cliff without a notice.  The place gives the cold and wet feeling even in a sunny day.  Therefore, as for my series images, from the first image to the last image, from the wide to the narrow pathways, I am trying to show the mysterious pathways with the cold and wet look/feeling that can hardly be seen clearly by the end. Through my photos I am also trying to create a sense of mysterious and cold…
    Overall I think that I did well for this project through these images.  From my first shoot I even have two images for my final. My development went from very basic photo with low contrast to a very high contrast to emphasis the cold feeling from the space.  My skill of choosing angles for photo shooting has improved. Finally because these photos were taken outdoor so I was able to practice to adjust the brightness from the camera fluency.






2 comments: